Wednesday 4 June 2008

New printer

I treated myself to a new printer yesterday. The old ones been playing up for ages and as its about four or five years old I thought I deserved a new one. Its a Hewlett Packard all in one, so its got the scanner on it as well, which is really useful as it doesn't take up as much room as my separate scanner and printer did. The girl in the shop wanted me to have an Epson, but my last two printers have been HP and have been great so I didn't want to tempt fate by changing. Needless to say the new equipment has inspired me as new equipment always does and I've been scanning in my mums old photos. My mum passed away in November 2004, she had loads of old photos which I've got out on many occasions to sort but then got distracted, so they've gone back in the drawer in a pile. I came across one of my mum and dads wedding in 1950 and they looked really happy. It reminded me of how close they were and how much sorrow my mum endured when my dad died in 1974 at the age of 56, unbelievably just two years older than I am now.

I've also started doing a 'My book about me' 8 x8 scrapbook. I've done three double page layouts and its funny isn't it, its supposed to be about me, but two out of the first three layouts are about Allan and the family. I suppose I'll get to me later ... the story of my life! I just can't separate myself out, its just impossible, and to be honest thats just the way I like it.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to do a Book of Me too! So well done on making a start Chris - its looking lovely....xx
(I've actually managed to figure out how to leave a message using the OpenID thingie!!)

Janice said...

Looks great Chris. Those old photos will be interesting to work with too. I'm with you on HP printers, ours have always been really good, the epson one's have teeny weeny ink cartridges too.

Karen said...

What a lovely idea to do a book of Me. It looks fab already and I look forward to seeding more of you!

Angelnorth said...

How lovely to have all the old photos Chris - are you planning to scrap some of those, too? That could be a great project! Your Book of Me looks to have got off to a great start, hope you enjoy doing it!