Sunday 29 June 2008

Dorset Holiday

Its three weeks since I came on here and in that time I've been away on holiday for a week with Allan. We went in a little cottage in Mosterton, which is right on the edge of Dorset near the Somerset border. Its the first time we've been to Dorset and I'm afraid I've found somewhere that is even more glorious than my beautiful Norfolk. For those of you who haven't been to Dorset, it has stunning scenery, miles and miles of beautiful beaches - some lovely white sand, some shingle, really friendly locals who are very happy to tell you all the best places to visit and the most wonderful little villages right next to the blue, clear sea with thatched cottages and lovely pubs and restaurant. We had such a wonderful time and it was lovely to spend a full week together without the usual day to day pressures. We spend so little quality time together as Allan is a workaholic and is out of the house from 7.00 a.m. to at least 8.30 p.m. every day. By the time he gets home all he is fit for is his dinner and a snooze in the chair. I keep telling him that life is too short but that is the way he has always been so I don't suppose he'll change now.

View of Chesil Beach taken from Portland


West Bay


View from the coast road between West Bay and Weymouth


Fishermen on Chesil Beach at West Bradstock


Boscombe Beach, Bournemouth

I took loads of photos, so have decided to do a Dorset scrapbook of some sort to make sure they don't just sit on my computer for the next 20 years.


6 comments:

tracy said...

looks goergous there,where did you fiind the sunshine?! LOL

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Chris. I spent many a childhood holiday in Weymouth. Glad you had a great holiday...xx

Karen said...

I am so pleased that you fell in love with Dorset...its my favourite place to go to chill out. So many things to see. Can we see some more pics please Chris??? C

Hazel said...

Super photos - definitely a beautiful part of the country (happy memories of holidays past)

Angelnorth said...

Glad you had a good time - it looks lovely!

Unknown said...

Even though we live in Devon, Dorset is our absolute favourite place to visit. Monkey World is fantastic, and the beaches are superb....especially Studland.
Lovely photos