Sunday 1 June 2008

Lazy Sunday

Well its been raining all day, yet again. Its been a quiet day, Jess stayed last night so we got up this morning and just lazed around and of course she had her egg and toast soldiers for breakfast. I've not been making many cards lately, other than ones for me to send to family and friends. However, I had a phone call last night at about 11.30 p.m., you know the "mum are you busy?" sort. Louise, my sons girlfriend, asked if I could make some cards for her grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. Then of course there was the usual last sentence "oh by the way, we need three for Tuesday, one from grandad to wife, one to mum and dad and one to Nana and Grandad". After all its just three cards, isn't it? The only thing I refused was that they wanted one A4 size one. I hate doing the really big cards, I can never get them to look right, there is just too much space. A5 size is my limit so that bit was definitely, either like it or lump it! Anyway, I've done these two so far:


I've done them in quite a traditional way as obviously the recipients are in their 80's, so I wasn't sure if they would appreciate anything a bit funky. I've decoupaged the bouquet of flowers and put clear gems in the centres of some of the flowers as the 60th anniversary is diamond. Oh and yes, to the Bubblyfunk peeloff haters, I have used peeloffs ... he he he!

3 comments:

Janice said...

I think you have got these cards just right Chris. Lots of older people still like traditional cards and they seem very keen on verses in them too.

Karen said...

You have done a lovely job there Chris...you should do more. Oh and I use peel-offs sometimes LOL X

Angelnorth said...

These look great Chris - different from each other and just right for the age of the recipients, I reckon. Love the little crystal touches!