Thursday 29 May 2008

Birdies and bears.

Our babies have flown! Last year Allan put up a bird box that a friend of his had given him. He was really disappointed as the birds deemed it not to be the des res for 2007. Obviously the location, location, location has got better this year as a pair of great tits set up home in it. We checked the nest box this morning and all the babies have gone, except for one poor little one which had died. I did manage to get a pic of them in the nest between feeds, by standing precariously on top of a milk crate. It's a wonder I didn't break my neck but all Allan cared about was getting a pic and I certainly wasn't going to let him loose with my camera.






I was up at 6.30 this morning so as well as checking the nest, feeding the animals, doing the dishwasher and putting some washing in I decided to start scrapping a photo of Jessie on holiday a few years ago, which I'd been meaning to do for ages. I really shouldn't do that - I ended up 20 minutes late for work and it still wasn't finished so then I came home for lunch - and was late back again. I managed to finish it tonight just before Emmerdale started so I'm happy now.


The flowers at the bottom came from the Bubblyfunk May kit, as did the Bazzill cardstock. The papers are, surprise, surprise, the DCWV Spring Stack - I'm really addicted to these at the mo. I painted the flowers with the Stargazers paints which are gorgeous and then blinged them up a bit with a few 'diamonds'(as our Jess calls them!)
I haven't bought many kits before, but I'm going to start as you get such a nice mixture of things some of which I wouldn't dream of buying normally and in small amounts so you can have a bash with them without breaking the bank.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Well worth wobbling on a milk crate - what a fab picture! Nice LO too, I never thought of colouring the 'paper lace'.

Angelnorth said...

Great nest piccy! Ours is so high up a tree that you'd need extending ladders let alone a mile crate! Glad they enjoyed their new home this year. Lovely LO too - the paper lace flowers look lovely with some added colour.

Karen said...

Brilliant pics of the baby birds and how great that you got the adult in flight....the wings look amazing!!!

Lovely LO too Chris. Its a good idea to paint the flower border...gives me more options now..thanks X