Thursday 28 August 2008

Stamps - not the rubber ones!

I've started stamp collecting. Yes, yet another hobby to keep me away from the housework. Why on earth would she do that, you migh ask. Well about 10 years ago I went to a car boot sale and someone was selling a carrier bag with a couple of full stamp albums and lots of envelopes full of loose stamps. I don't know why I bought them, I just did. Maybe I thought there would be a rare stamp in among them which would make me a rich woman. Anyway, I just stuck them in a cupboard, still in the carrier, and promised myself I would take time out to sort them out. Ten years on, here I am, doing just that and its great. There is so much history in them. Commemorative stamps from the coronation of George VI, centenary of postal history, 1948 olympics, royal weddings all sorts of stuff. I've bought myself an album, so away I go!


Isn't it fascinating how quickly babies grow and develop. Millie was six months old on Tuesday and I've been looking at all the photos since she was born. She's gone from 8lb 6 oz to 18lb 10 oz, she can roll over, sit up, smile, laugh, say dada, chew her toes and is desperately trying to push herself along with her legs, to reach things when she is laid on her tummy. She is so interested and happy and soaks up everything around her. Jess is totally besotted with her and loves it now Milly can sit (although she does still wobble over occasionally - hence the cushions) on the floor and play.

From this ...

to this, in just six months!





3 comments:

cookcreateread said...

Ooh I used to collect stamps as a teenager, and found my collection the other day! Interesting to look at them again, and like you say, so much history! Enjoy going through your haul! Gorgeous grandchildren too :) If only they didn't grow up quite so fast!

Janice said...

Lovely pictures of your grandchildren. Such a lovely age.

Kathy said...

That photo of the two of them is so fab, Chris.