Sunday 11 May 2008

Hot, hot, hot

I've just come in out of the garden for half an hour to cool off so I thought I'd do a bit of blogging. The weather is beautiful and we've spent the majority of yesterday and today in the garden. All the family are here, we've just had lunch out in the garden and I feel totally blessed. I've done quite a lot of crafting over the past week. I've dug out a couple of older photos to scrap, they have been in a drawer for a few years so I thought I'd do something with them as they are so nice.

This is David, my son and his girlfriend Louise. They have been together since she was 15 and he was 17 years old. This photo was taken around 2000. There were a quite a few popular phrases from the tele they used around that time and one of those was 'appy' . They taught Clares daughter, Jess, who was around two at the time to say it which caused great delight so I thought I'd put it on the LO. The papers are from the DCWV Spring stack and the letters are just plain letters from the Paper Mill Shop which I papered with the same papers then just glittered with glitter glue.


This is the first photo Jess had taken at nursery. I'm not sure where the papers came from, they were just some I found at the bottom of one of my 12 x 12 paper drawers. To be honest I had forgotten about them. Although I normally try and tie up the colours between the photo and the papers, somehow this one seemed to work even though the colours were completely different. I added a little blue to the layout by putting blue stitches around the white flowers and writing Jessies name in blue on the largest flower.



I've also got round to scrapping the 'Jessies Saturday morning breakfast' photos from a little while ago. I was really pleased with the result as I tried colours I haven't tried before, inspired by the egg and toast - food always has been a true inspiration! You can tell by how wonderfully trim I am.

2 comments:

Angelnorth said...

You're going great guns with these LOs, Chris! I particularly like the middle one of Jess's nursery photo - the simplicity of the layout is perfect to showcase the pic, love it!

Karen said...

These are great Chris. I especially like the breakfast one!!! X