Monday 5 May 2008

Back to Work and CJ's

I can't believe its a fortnight since I last posted. I've been so busy! I went back to work last Wednesday and as usual, when anyones been away for any reason, within five minutes of being there, I had a phone call to say one of my cases has gone pear shaped. Typical! So it was back in at the deep end. Never mind though, I had a brilliant three weeks off and even managed to persuade Allan to take a day off (which is a total miracle). We went out for lunch then went for a ride to Spurn point and had a walk on the beach. It was lovely, we spend so little time together just doing what we want to. Although he did get one phone call from his brother about business while we were out. I decided not to get wound up while he was on the phone, I just took a photo instead. I felt it was my statement - even though we were in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by beauty, he could not be seperated from his precious garage. I give up!


I've managed to do the covers and layouts for the two CJ's I've joined. I'm really pleased with both of them as I've tried some different stuff this time, especially on the covers. I usually go for quite bright, light colours but this time, on my covers, I've gone for more muted tones and have done some distressing. I must admit to being a bit scared of distressing, my previous attempts have been a bit wishy washy as I was scared of making a mess of it. This time I thought, blow it, if its a mess I'll just do it again. I went to town with my finger nails, nail file, chalks and ink pads and hey presto...

The 'My Place' one is the better of the two but it was the second one I did so thats to be expected. I also think I made a mistake with the corners on the 'Seasons' one but, hey ho, you live and learn.

3 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Oooh, I've been in that lighthouse! Great pic, hope Alan felt a bit embarrassed by it! The CJs look lovely Ann, well done on trying out some new techniques, I think it's turned out really well.

Karen said...

I love both of those cj covers hon!I am a bit scared of distressing stuff too but I may give it a go now.

Your husband reminds me of mine....its wonderful if we are out and there is no signal!!! X

Chris A said...

I'm Chris by the way - Anns my sister xx