Wednesday 9 April 2008

My Big Sis

Me and big sis, Ann, at my daughter Clares wedding in September 2007

Had a lovely day today. My sister, Ann, came for a few hours before picking up her father in law. I took her up to Clares and introduced her to Millie, then we al went out for lunch at the Darrington Hotel. The meal was nice but Clare recommended the chocolate fudge cake for afters. It was gorgeous, we all just sat there making ooooh, aaaah noises while we were eating it (I'm sure you know what I mean). She also brought back the Bubblyfunk CJ that she had been doing the final LO on. This should have come back to me in November but as it was mine she decided to take her time - surprise, surprise! Anyway here are the pics:



Many thanks to Lynne, Lynn, Karen and of course our Ann
for adding their fab layouts to my little book.

Ann is also mad about crafting but she spends most of her crafting time making gorgeous cards. I keep trying to push her into having a go at scrapping and I think I've got a step nearer achieving that goal today. We went into the local craft shop and came across the DCVW 'Once upon a time' 12 x 12 paper stack. It is absolutely beautiful. Anyway we bought it and decided to share the papers, so she's gone home today with 24 fabulous 12 x 12 papers and she has agreed it would be sacrilage to cut them up for making cards. Soooooo she has three choices:

1. She can take them home and just stroke them
2. She can demolish them and make cards with them
3. She can do her very first scrapbooking page

I do so hope I've inspired her enought to do number 3 but we shall see.

As for me, we've talked so much about cardmaking today, I'm just gonna sit down at my craft desk and start making some cards. Something I haven't done for months. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Janice said...

Goodness me, for someone announcing a new blog - you haven't half got a lot on it! Lovely stuff Chris, thanks for sharing, loved the 'When I'm 64' pages.

Janice (Farmersgirl)

Kaz said...

Great to see a picture of you (and Ann). The scrap pages and CJ are lovely. And Millie is just gorgeous.

Welcome to blogland.

Kathy said...

Welcome to Blogland Chris.

You've been really busy already yoo - loads of stuff to look at.

Your CJ looks great

Unknown said...

Fab blog Chris. And there was us thinking that you'd JUST started it!

Angelnorth said...

Welcome to blogland Chris! Let us know when you add something won't you and then we won't be catching up with umpteen posts in one go! You've added some lovely stuff! Your CJ looks great and I love the LO of Millie, bless!

Karen said...

Its exciting isn't it? I only started a blog recently too! Do you know I had to really look to see which was my entry in the CJ LOL it was sooo long ago. Looks a lovely little book! Millie is of course very scrumptious & I just want to nibble her. So when is Ann joining the blogsquad???